Saturday, October 27, 2012

Inspired by Music at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps

Hi Krafty friends!! We've got a fun Kraftin' Kimmie challenge for you today brought to us by our lovely hostess, the incredibly talented Elaine Hughes. She wants to see projects Inspired by Music.

I decided to make a Christmas tag inspired by the carol, Hark the Herald Angels Sing. I stamped "Elysia Angel" on Kraft carstock in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and added some monochromatic shading in various browns with my Copics (except for a bit of pink on her cheeks and the yellow in her horn). Her wings and the trumpet were given a bit of shimmer with a light coat of Stardust Stickles. I sponged around the image with Bundled Sage and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. The patterned paper is MME Lost and Found Christmas. All paper edges were distressed and inked in Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I stamped one of the Holiday Trinkets on Neenah in the brown ink and coloured the details with my YG91 and R59 Copics. The flourish was cut with an MFT die. I added a bow tied with some red satin wired ribbon and a Maya Road Trinket Pin. The acrylic snowflake is a dollar store find that was coated with Glossy Accents, sprinkled with Glamour Dust and centered with a rhinestone.



Skin: E40, E41, E43, R22  Hair: E30, E31, E35, E37, E59, Y21  Dress: E21, E24, E29, E59, colourless blender  Trumpet: Y21, E50, E31, E33

Make sure to check out what the rest of the Krafty Girls have created this week over at the KKS blog. We'd love to have you play along with the challenge. If you use a KKS image on your project, you will be eligible to win the stamp seen on Elaine's fabulous card.

You can also find this week's Frugal Friday specials HERE. Each Friday, Kimmie selects several stamps to put on sale for a great discount until Sunday evening...perfect for some Krafty Christmas gifts for friends or even yourself. :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Melanie

2 comments:

Claret Belle said...

I found your blog because of "Fun and Mental Changes". I have spent over an hour looking at her work and I will be doing the same with yours. Beautiful coloring!!! Both of you have added such a wonderful dimension to your work and I knew right away that you were Christians.
I know why I found you both today and I thank HIM and you. Blessings

karen irvine said...

Your coloring is amazing! you must practice for hours. I love how you've put this tag together. great work! blessings to you, karen